Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Thankful for the Thorns

Exactly what is a "thorn"?

Well according to Webster's dictionary it is something that causes irritation annoyance, a woody plant bearing sharp impeding processes (as briars, prickles or spines) and something that causes distress or irritation, often used in the phrase "a thorn in one's side".

Everyone of us have some kind of thorn in our life, and all thorns need to be dealt with daily.

The best way to deal with these thorns that are pricking us is "to be thankful for them".
Yes I said "be thankful for them".

You are probably saying are you stupid? How can we be thankful for something that hurts us so bad.?

Look at what Paul says to us in 2 Cor. 12:7 "To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me." Through God's grace we can be strong.

There is a lesson behind every thorn we get pricked with, let's do some soul searching, and Bible searching and find out what we can learn from each prick. God has much to teach us, are we seeking to find out what those lessons are or are we just drowning among the thorns.

Today I can cry that roses have thorns or I can celebrate that thorns have roses.
I'm ready to watch some roses bloom...Yeah

No comments: