Tuesday, November 25, 2008

How heavy is your baggage?

The Lord knows every nook and cranny of our heart, our mind and knows exactly where we are in our lives at every moment.

We are not always up and happy sometimes we are down and sad. We are carrying around so much baggage inside that the Lord has a hard time finding a crevice to get in because we have every spot clogged up with "STUFF"

So many times we ask God "why do you want me carrying around this much baggage"? I don't see any good in it Lord and it sure is awfully heavy.

Let me say that God does not want us to carry around any baggage that loads us down, brings us down. He wants us to throw it all overboard give all of ourselves to Him and let Him be the one to carry us (as He does anyway!)

God is the source of our existence. He is the one and only one who keeps us functioning every day.
Without Him we are nothing, but baggage carriers.
With Him, we are strength.

Our baggage is only as heavy as we continue to carry around, why not give it up to God and let Him lighten your load. Oh don't get me wrong sometimes we have to carry some load because that's how God teaches us, but the more you give to Him and ask His help with the lighter your load will be.

Thanks God for each load of baggage I sometimes have to carry, as you teach me what I need to learn.

1 comment:

LynnSC said...

Oh yea... the baggage is quite heavy. I loved this line...

"Without Him we are nothing, but baggage carriers."

I am so glad that I don't have to carry around all of my baggage. Not only is He carrying some for me... He has helped me unpack a lot too.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Lynn