Monday, July 13, 2009

Still....

Have you ever thought about this word "still"?

Well as my Sunday School teacher was giving us the message God layed on her heart to share with us this past Sunday she said something during her lesson that got me to thinking about this one word. She was teaching from Acts Chapter 1 and as she continued to share my mind kept wandering to this word.

I kept saying Lord what is it about this word that you want me to glean, gain, learn? So He hit me right between the eyes with His answer, here are some of the things He was saying to me:

  • is your relationship "still" in the same place it was when you first accepted me or have you grown?
  • what have you "still" not changed that I told you to?
  • do you "still" love me the same as you did or has your love for me grown deeper since then?
  • do you "still" do the same ol' things you did back then or are they now things that honor and praise me?
  • do you "still" pray and read my Word everyday?

God was hitting me with a left and right continually during Sunday School. When I got home I thought hmm..let me look up the meaning of this word "still" in Webster's to see what it says is the meaning, ok here it is:

---quiet, motionless, calm

When I read this meaning my immediate thought came to the verse in the Bible Psalm 37:7 (NLT) Be "still" in the presence of the Lord and wait patiently for Him to act.

I quickly realized there are some areas in my life I'm "still" not being obedient to the Lord about and surrendering to Him, so how can I expect Him to "still" be satisfied with me when I'm "still" not doing, obeying, surrendering those things to Him.

God I pray right now that I will be quiet, motionless and calm as I hear you, and listen to you speak to what you need to change in me today. Thank you for allowing me to pick up this little but powerful word "still" in your lesson as it has taught me so much since then about what I'm "still" doing or not doing and what You "still" want me to be doing.

One thing I know for sure, I want to go deeper "still" in my knowledge and relationship with my Lord, and I look forward to the quiet, motionless and calm as He takes me there.

No comments: