Thursday, January 1, 2009

Stress Busters Day 3....

Today's stress buster lesson is teaching us about the direction of our thoughts.
This book is very bold and to the point and really tells us where we should be and what we need to change. I hope the parts of them that I share with you are helping you in some ways like they are me. Here is what today's lesson shows us.

Our thoughts have the power to increase the amount of stress we experience in our lives--but our thoughts can also eliminate stress period.

When we focus our thoughts on things that honor and glorify God, or make our families happy and content we will find that we reap many rewards, but when we let our thoughts go awry and we get distracted from where we should be that's when stress and troubles start creeping in on us.

The lesson teaches us that negative thoughts are habit-forming but thankfully so are positive thoughts, and with practice we can form the habit of focusing on God's priorities and when we do we will discover that we will spend less time fretting about our challenges and more time praising God.

Here are two paragraphs from this day's lesson that speak loudly to us all if we will truly take it in then the stress can begin to peel away from us I'm sure.

"Watch what you think. If your inner voice is, in reality, your inner critic, you need to tone down the criticism now. And while you're at it, train yourself to begin thinking thoughts that are more rational, more accepting, and less judgmental".

"Remember that your life is an integral part of God's grand plan. So don't become unduly upset over the minor inconveniences, and don't worry too much about today's setbacks-they're temporary.

Psalm 139: 23-24, Search me O God and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

No matter where we go or what we do we can never be far from God's comforting presence.

What direction are your thoughts today and if the path of your thoughts are not where God wants it to be do you need to change your path? God is changing my path...thank you Lord...continue to take me where you want....continue to direct my thoughts.....I so look forward to where you will take me this year Lord...Bust these stresses and take me where you want Lord.

3 comments:

Regina said...

Thanks for the reminder. This verse came to mind as I read your post.

Philippians 4:7-9 (NIV)
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.


Love you Sister!

Allison Family said...

I love this! Thank you for sharing these wonderful stress buster! I love your blog!!!

LynnSC said...

Well said Beverly!! Negative thoughts are so habit-forming. It all starts in the mind.

Thanks so much for this reminder. I want to keep my mind focused on the path that God has for me.

Love you sister,
Lynn