Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Why would Jesus need to pray?

There may be many of you who have wondered why Jesus would need to pray. Well here are some reasons:

  • He depended on and needed the Father.
  • He modeled this dependence on prayer so that we too would realize our dependance on God in prayer.

WOW if Jesus realized he needed the Father, He went to Him in the place He knew He could find Him real close. In His prayers.

What about you and me, is that where we head when we need Him? and what about when we don't, do we still call on Him in our prayers to give Him thanks for what He has done?

Just some thoughts after I got home from Bible study tonite about Jesus' prayer life while I was sitting here in my own prayers. I just love talking to my Lord. I can tell him anything...and everything...things I can't even share with others...He knows my thoughts...He knows my dreams...He knows my desires...thank you Lord for ALWAYS being there for me.

No comments: