Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wanting Tender Loving Care......

Last night I was at my Tuesday Night Bible Study and after we had wrapped up our very last lesson in "Jesus the One and Only" a few of us hung around and shared a few stories and such from our lives.

As I was sitting sharing and listening, all of a sudden to the left of me I noticed was my friend's cat trying to sleep on a soft footstool, then all of a sudden one of her babies jumped up onto the stool and meowed at her momma still wanting some milk from her. The mommy cat started cleaning her, but the baby kept trying to get at the milk, and then the mommy kinda snapped her paw at her and nibbled at her neck and ear (I guess trying to get her to understand, momma is dry, no more milk here, you gotta grow up girl!)

I kinda started thinking that is just how we are, no matter how old we get when we want or need something we want to crawl up on our Savior's lap and say "Daddy help me".
He has given us His Word to teach us how to grow up, and yet we always want to take the easy road just like that baby cat and just ask Jesus to answer our every call.

Oh don't get me wrong, our Lord loves to help us when we have difficult times, but He also wants us to learn when He teaches us and not have to keep coming back for milk, but progress to meat.

Watching these cats last night helped me to realize that even though the Lord does want me to learn what He teaches me, He is still there to let me climb up in His lap for tender loving care and still give me some milk from time to time.

Thank you Lord for always being there for me "all the time"

No comments: