Saturday, June 28, 2008

Have you cleaned out your clutter?

Do you dust your furniture? Do you arrange a beautiful centerpiece on your table? Maybe even Mop and Glo your linoleum? and yet leave your closets filled with skeletons?

Can you believe what you find when you do get around to cleaning out your closets?
---you find clothes that you've not worn in years
---you find an old tennis racket without any strings
---you find Christmas decorations
---you find musical instruments that no one ever learned to play
---you find an overbundance of all types of coats
---you find old diaries and letters from girlfriends, boyfriends

Cleaning a closet can be fun sometimes (like going through an old hopechest of treasures that have been kept by families for years)
Doing projects that we have been neglecting for a while sometimes can give us satisfaction. There is also another plus to cleaning out a closet - you can be alone. A closet is a nice place to sort our your thinking.

When you get in your daily closet you can go over a list of burden's that you have put on the shelf and had forgotton like dead man's bones.

In the corner of your closet and in the corner of your mind you will find cobwebs that will help you realize you need to dust off your thoughts so they can be pure in God's sight.

As you clean and sort out your closet you can give the clutter to the Lord.
And He will take it - what a wonderful feeling!

Something to think and pray about - Do you find yourself letting things "just hang on" that you should be giving to the Lord. Dig into your heart and mind - be honest with yourself; and give God all the clutter.

When you give God all that clutter then He has freedom to use you for His service.
Won't you let Him help you begin cleaning our your closet?

3 comments:

LynnSC said...

Yes, I am guilty of sometimes cleaning the surface and leaving the hidden places a mess... both in my home and in my heart. God longs to carry all of our burdens... our skeletons that hid in the corners of our hearts and minds. He is so much stronger than we are.

Thanks so much for reminding me to do a total cleaning everyday.

Oh... and you did an awesome job this morning on your song. So much talent.

Lynn

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!! I've been working on hitting those dark corners of my life that have been neglected. It just takes so much time to examine myself when I have so much else to do.

Beverly said...

How great to hear from you Matt. I've been wondering where you've been! and yep me too, I try to examine myself everyday because I know I get slack and if I try everyday I'm staying where God wants me instead of where I try to place myself.