Sunday, June 8, 2008

Serving God.....

Let me share the words with you of a chorus from a song our choir did at church tonite.

Lead me Lord, I will follow
Lead me Lord, I will go
You have called me, I will answer
Lead me Lord, I will go.
WOW! what a message this little chorus has for all of us. Do we have a willingness to serve Him and Follow Him when He calls us to duty? There are over 1200 scripture references in the Bible using a form of the word serve (service, servant, served, etc) with this many references we should get the message that our job is to serve.
When God calls us to service are we going? are we following? click here and you can see that God knows our future, provides our agenda and goes with us as we fulfill His mission and we can have boundless hope. This does not mean that we will be spared pain and suffering or hardship but God will see us through every moment to a glorious conclusion.
Has He called you to service of some kind? I'm not just talking about the mission field.
Have you answered His call? If not, what are you waiting on? Are you scared? Don't be, He will lead you all the way.
Every person who receives Christ as their Savior will be called to do something in service for Him and others, answer that call and get out there and work for Him.
**Make yourself available
**Be grateful for this call
**Be faithful to His call
*********************When He calls, Will you answer?************************
Don't miss out on wonderful opportunities God places in your path every day!!!

2 comments:

Regina said...

I had an awesome time Sunday and the Lord is working away on me. Please pray that I won't miss what He is trying to show me. I want to be available, grateful, and faithful. I want so much to be used by Him to change lives like He has changed mine!

Love ya, Beverly!

Beverly said...

I'm praying for your Regina.