Saturday, July 12, 2008

Are you locked out or locked in.....

Do you feel sometimes that your prayers can't seem to get going in the morning? You sit and think how do I pray today?

The most beautiful prayer in the world came as a pattern for us when Jesus answered the disciples prayer "Lord teach us to pray" click here Luke 11:1-4

Dead prayers come when we try to "pray" instead of "talk" to God. When we become formal it's like we are strangers. Why does our prayer life sometimes seem dead?

We need to ask ourself if we are really asking or are we just going through idle motions, concentrating on our problems instead of listening for His solution.
---which door are we knocking on? His door or our own?

****are there days when you feel "locked out" or "locked in" and you can't find the key?
Then try being honest with God - tell Him where you are at - unlock yourself for Him and watch him unlock you.

1 comment:

Regina said...

Being "locked out" is something that God has been freeing me from. When I discovered to be open and honest with Him even when it is ugly an incredible thing happened in my life. I rediscovered my first love! He knows it all anyway so why not be honest with Him. His desire is to have a relationship with me, and if you think about it what relationship thrives when honesty is a problem. . . not any that I know of.

Thanks for sharing, and giving me an opportunity voice what He is doing in my life. I love telling what good things He is doing.