Monday, July 21, 2008

Do we shy away?

As I was thinking about that long list of things I shared yesterday that we did while on vacation, I started thinking about all the people I passed each day and whether or not they know Jesus as their Savior, and I thought about OK so why didn't you try to find out.

I have no excuse for not doing so. My God is never ashamed of me, so why was I.
Just because I was on vacation and wanting to get away from my normal routine was no excuse, no reason, for not sharing Jesus with others.

I had a platter of people provided right before my eyes and yet I refrained.

Some of the pitiful excuses I could use is; not wanting to be rejected, not wanting to be yelled at, worried my husband would be upset with me and embarassed.

I need to be as bold somewhere like "Disney" as I am in my own hometown. The rest of the world needs Jesus too, not just Rock Hill, and even though I may have presented Jesus in my life in public by things like praying for my food when I eat, or people seeing me reading my Bible, it's not enough. I need to be asking people if they know him, and if not, do they want to.

We all I'm sure at times in our life tend to shy away from sharing Jesus "all" the time, "every" day, "every" moment, but we don't need to. If we expect to reach the world for Jesus we need to be sharing with everyone, all the time no matter where we are! I missed many opportunites that were placed in front of me just to have some much needed time away with my family. Think about how much more fun it could've been if by sharing Jesus there could've been a saved soul in the process.

Lord I thank you for the opportunities you placed my way and forgive me for not taking what you gave and trying to reach a soul.

You never know what day a person's last day may be, so we need to make every moment count and share Him so that others may Know Him!

No comments: