Friday, July 25, 2008

I have a burdern......

My heart is very burdened. When I need to turn to the Lord the most with this burden is when I seem to run away as fast as I can. I've prayed for so many years and it just seems that God doesn't hear me. But I know without any doubt He has heard me, and I know that He will answer when He is ready, but I also know that waiting is SO HARD!

All you ladies out there who have a spouse that shares your love of the Lord and worships and prays with you I pray that everyday you are thanking the Lord for that blessing in your life.

You younger girls who have boyfriends, fiancees, that are on fire for God and wants to do everything in their power to honor Him, praise God for that guy and give him that support!

Sometimes I feel like just giving up, because I feel so alone, but then I get a boost of encouragement from reading my daughters' blogs (click here), my friends blogs (click here) & (here) and it gives me a renewed strength to keep my chin up. I just pray that one day before I go home to the Lord that I will get to worship with my husband, have prayer with my husband, share my love of my Jesus with my husband.

I love all of you who have prayed for me over the years and even now and I pray God's blessing on your marriages, relationships as God continues to grow each one of yours.

2 comments:

LynnSC said...

Beverly,
I want you to know that I have shared your burden in my lifetime. There were many years that I was alone in my marriage as far as loving the Lord was concerned. 7 years to be exact. I know that it has been much longer for you... and I know that the waiting is hard. I also know that you are a great witness for the Lord in your marriage. Do not give up. There were so many times that I was convinced that my husband would never allow God to change his heart or his mind. BUT GOD is so much bigger than the faith that I had in that situation... And He is much bigger than the situation that you find yourself in right now. Do not give up. Continue to pray for him and continue to live your life loving the Lord. Don't think for one minute that your husband doesn't see your witness. And... don't think for one minute that the Lord doesn't see your pain and your longing for things to be different. And know that you are not alone in your longing.... it is God's will for your husband to have a relationship with Him as well. Keep your chin up girl, Keep your eyes on Christ, and your desires before the Lord. He loves to grant our desires.
Lynn

Regina said...

Can I just say ~ my heart is burdened with you. I don't understand why some things don't just happen RIGHT NOW. Especially when it seems that it would be His will to answer this one prayer. And if anyone deserves a spouse who loves the Lord with all they've got, it is you. What I am about to say sounds so cliché but I'm going to say it anyway because it is the Truth. . .

our Lord has a reason for your wait. . .

1 Corinthians 15:58 (NIV)
Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

He knows your pain. . .

Isaiah 40:28
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.

and He will get the greater glory from His plan and not ours. . .

Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

You've got a forever prayer partner in me ~ I love you and I could not think of anyone I'd rather have praying for me and my family than you, and trust me we need it. . . we can be pretty messed up sometimes (more times than I would like).

Regina

P.S. I looked for you Sunday after the choir let out and I did not see where you went. Did you leave? If we don't catch up with each other soon please know that you can call me or email me. I am always here for you.