Monday, July 7, 2008

What is the most important decision in your life..

I've just been watching a sermon on the internet from a church in Conway SC "The Rock" and I tell you what that pastor told it like it is.

click here to listen to this sermon: http://rockc3.com/content.cfm?id=213&category_id=3
Q&A - 6/22/08 Plank_Eye_Piggy_Pearls_And_Problems_With_Judging.wmv (84.32 MB) Stream


Here are some great points Kevin shared that we need to stop doing:

***get rid of the crud in your life that's dragging you down.
***stop throwing rocks at other people when you've got a plank in your own eye

Pull that plank out of your eye and He will help you live without it.

Oh we make many other decisions throughout our day
**what we want to eat
**what we want to wear to look our best
**how much money we will spend on something new

What about the single most important decision of your life not just your day!
Have you made it yet? Have you accepted Christ yet? What are you waiting for?

He is waiting on you to say Yes! why not do it today so you can live with him tomorrow.

5 comments:

About Nancy said...

Great points. Thanks for sharing. I especially love the part about not throwing rocks at other people. Too much of that going on today.
Blessings,
Nancy

Beverly said...

Nancy it was so great to hear from you and know that you are still reading. I'm so thankful that God is using me even if in this small way to reach others for Him. God is changing many things in my life right now and I'm glad He gives me opportunities to share with the world the things He puts on my heart.

LynnSC said...

Yes Beverly,
So many people put off making this decision thinking that they have plenty of time... only, not realizing that not making a decision FOR Christ is making one AGAINST Him.

I have made that most decision... and my life has never been the same. Thankfully.

The book by Lysa is great. I have one of her others if you want to borrow it... Have you read The Shack?? If not, you should find a copy of it... so deep and thought provoking. Let me know.
Lynn

Beverly said...

Lynn, I would love to borrow it if you don't mind.

Anonymous said...

THE SHACK-WOW! what an awesome book. It leaves you with more craving for the presence of GOD. This book is like one continious prayer all the way through. It blew a feeling wide open to my soul.It lets me know just how close GOD is all the time no matter where or when. I just need to call on him.Thanks Beverly for all your blogs. It really opens up my eyes to some things we just don't think about. How great our GOD is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!