Saturday, May 10, 2008

My children.....

WOW! As I was sitting here thinking of what I wanted to share with all of you today I had so much on my mind that God wanted me to share but with Mother's Day being tomorrow I wanted to share a little bit about my life as a Mother to two precious kids.

My first baby "Kelly" is now 20 years old.....

She is an awesome young lady. She will be leaving for a missions trip to Serbia this summer to be a VOICE for God and reach souls. She has grown in her faith so much in the past two years. It is just great to see how God is moving in her life. She is a Visual Arts Major now, so I will be praying that God will show her how she will utilize this degree in her service to Him. She has an AWESOME boyfriend Matt who also has a great desire of mission service to God. I am honored that God saw fit to bestow on my life such a wonderful blessing when He gave me "Kelly". She is my sunshine, my smiles, my friend. She has a heart deeper than the deepest well. She wants to honor and serve her God in everything she does. It's all about Him! and I'm glad to share every experience God takes her through and I look forward to every moment even though some of them I just have to share from a distance.

Thanks Kelly for being exactly what God wants you to be and no one else. When God is at the head of your life He will put in place everything He has in store for you.


Now there is my 2nd baby "Kevin" who is now 17 years old...

He is....well what can I say.....He was saved on March 2, 2008.
He sings in the church choir, in the concert choir at school.
He sometimes sings with his Mamma at church and I just love it when he does. He loves to play XBox games. He REALLY loves his sister, and misses her when she is not home. I feel like God is trying to reach inside him and do some wondrous changes in him but right now he is still such a baby Christian till he doesn't know what to do with finding where God wants and needs him to serve. He's a teenager....they change their minds every few hours....we all know that. I can't wait to see him really get into God's Word and seek and find God in a way that he has never experienced ever in his life. There is so much there that God wants to show him and lead him to but Kevin has to be the one to do the seeking. God is waiting on him to come to Him! I pray for him daily for God to allow him to lead him. He is an AWESOME young man and has so much potential to be a servant of God. It will be a blessed day when I hear him say how God is moving him in a specific path.
Kevin is my funnybone, my laughter, my friend.
Thanks Kevin for being everything you are now and what you will be as God moves in your life.


I want to praise you God for allowing me to be the mother of these two sweet kids. Yes I have had my moments with each of them, but that is how we grow to love each other more every day. God teaches us through all the ups and downs we have.
I praise God for my rewards he gave me (read here Psalm 127:3)
Kelly/Kevin, I love you both very much and I am honored that God chose me to be "Your Mother".
I love you , Mamma.

2 comments:

Regina said...

You are a blessed woman!!

Kelly said...

mammal, I love you so much! God definetly worked out His perfect plan when He gave me you and even though we r so alike that we sometimes drive each other crazy... We become closer evryday in and through the Lord we both have a passion and reverence for. I love you!!!