Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Thoughts on my mind.....

You know when you have thoughts on your mind and you try to share them with people, most of the time they are not really listening to you and they mis-understand what you are saying or meaning. I thank God that when I talk to Him He truly knows what is on my mind and my thoughts and I don't have to convince Him or try to keep explaining what I mean to get Him to understand. He knows ALL! so all I have to do is share with Him.

He planned all. His mind is made up and God will NOT change any of His eternal plans but He will change things in peoples lives as He executes His eternal plans.

We need to listen to people and hear them just like God listens and hears us every day.
We would not have so many conflicts in our lives if we would just take more time.....(but that is something I wrote about a week or so ago, we have very little time, we are always in a hurry, even in our conversations with others).

People think they know what you feel or believe about something when sometimes what they think is totally opposite of what that person is really thinking, they make assumptions.
Let's take time to find out what people really think and feel and maybe our relationships with others won't be so difficult and hard.

Many times I am mis-understood and I know that I have mis-understood others too.

I'm making a commitment to God right now to listen to others more and hear them, not just hear what I think they are saying.
I'm making a commitment to God right now to keep my mouth shut when I need to, so that I'm just honoring Him instead of hindering a relationship/friendship.

In the past 6 - 8 months God has been changing me in many areas of my life and He is showing me more each day some of those changes I need to make to grow in Him, and He showed me these two above today in my life very strong.

God I know your plans you have for me and I look forward to every day to see what is next on your list.

I pray that as each of you share in conversations with others daily you will take the time to listen......James 1:19 read this scripture *****I need to do this daily........

1 comment:

Regina said...

This reminds me of something Pastor Tom says alot. . .I am my own worst enemy.

Left unchecked my mouth, ears, and mind do not work in a way that makes me a good witness, or pleases God.

Thanks for the reminder.