Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Trying to mentally prepare for Kelly to leave.....

It's getting closer now, just 2-1/2 days left until Kelly leaves. I just can't explain the emotions that are filling up inside of me. All I can seem to think of lately is just her. WOW, I didn't think it would be this hard. There are several conversations I have had with her about how I feel and how I want to hear from her when she's there and she tells me to take this time and learn how to not be so dependant on hearing from her, to let her grow up, that one day when she is serving full time I won't be talking with her, so this would be my perfect time to begin preparing now. Well what she don't understand is this simple fact "she is not a Mamma" and that is very easily said but hard to just turn loose those ties that I've had for 20 years now.

I just don't want to!!!!! I know that I need to. I've trained her well over the years and given her good values and praise God I see all of those in her every day life, so you would think I would have a very easy time letting go because God shines through her in everything.....but I'm not......but I will.....I will pray and God will carry me through just like He always has....

Thank you Lord for helping me learn how to little by little let her grow up and be yours now!
This is a work in progress, but I'm trying....She will always be my baby girl and I will cherish every moment God gives me with her. Everyone continue to pray for her and us while she is gone to Serbia, and pray for the others on her team!
I love ya'll, and Kelly if you are reading this (I am trying to let you grow up, just give me some patience while God is helping me)

No comments: