Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Tree...


It was very lonely tonite putting up the Christmas tree all by myself.



This was the first time in 20 years that I didn't have my children to help me decorate it.

You who are reading this may wonder why....well I'll tell you....Kelly is with her fiance'....and all day today Kevin kept asking Mamma are we going to put the tree up, huh huh are we.....well when we went to get our tree tonite and got it home....I put the lights on and was ready for Kevin to help decorate like we do every year but guess what.....He didn't....


I guess I'm beginning to see what it's going to be like when neither one of them are no longer living here....can't say that I like it.....those have always been very precious moments for me and I'm not real sure if I can let it go....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oddly enough Beverly,
Becky and I had the same situation.
I put the tree up last week, put the lights on it and a new star that Ashley got for me and there it sat, with no ornaments for about 9 days.

Life has a way of moving forward.
Everyone has somewhere to go and be.
The kids grow and move on.

So, now is the time in our lives that Becky and I shall look to one another.
We feel we have done a great job in raising a family.
We will decorate our home for the kids when they come to visit.
Becky and I will share the joy of knowing, they always will come home.
They will be comfortable knowing Mom and Dad cherishes the small things: even decorations that remind us of them.
We will always put up the tree, we will want them to come over and add an ornament if they wish as their own familes will grow.

This joy helps us to be grounded and know our blessings.
Even in a Christmas tree...smiles.

Peace,
Jim

Regina said...

I'm not trying to downplay your feelings so please don't take what I am about to say that way.

Oh Beverly, you weren't alone. . . He was there. And I'd bet my all that He knew exactly how you felt.

He must have felt just like that the very 1st Christmas when He decorated the day with the sun and birds singing, all the while His Son was laying in a manger instead of sitting at His right hand.

Thanks for sharing your feelings it gave me a new insight to His love for us.

Love ya sister, see you tonight.

Anonymous said...

hey. Now i did what i love doing every year....setting up the tree with my dad (with wyatt added on as a bonus)....something i look forward to doing together every year. The ornaments not being on the tree bothered me for days, but life just is too busy today. We need to slow down and hang out with our fams more often! If you need a decorator.....call me :)
love ya,
Ash

LynnSC said...

Oh my Beverly,
I love you my friend. I know that you are hurting... I just read your twitter from 12 minutes ago. I am lifting you up in prayer right now.

I sobbed when I read what Regina wrote... I thought about that first Christmas without Jesus by His side... oh girl, He knows your pain. What a comfort.

I love you,
Lynn