Saturday, December 13, 2008

I was in need of "The Quiet" how about you?

Let me share a beautiful poem I read today about needing the quiet.


I needed the quiet so He drew me aside,
Into the shadows where we could confide.

Away from the bustle where all the day long
I hurried and worried when active and strong.

I need the quiet though at first I rebelled
But gently, so gently, my cross He upheld,


And whispered so sweetly of spiritual things
Though weakened in body, my spirit took wings


To heights never dreamed of when active and gay.
He loved me so greatly He drew me away.


I needed the quiet. No prison my bed,
But a beautiful valley of blessings instead


A place to grow richer in Jesus to hide
I needed the quiet so He drew me aside.


Why did He draw me aside? So that I would spend time in His Word.

Yep He wants me to spend time with Him instead of many of the other things I am doing in my life every day. In a discussion with my daughter this week and then time in prayer with my Lord He helped me to see that there have been times in my life lately when I've put him on the shelf to do what I wanted.

Let me say I NEVER want to put Him on the shelf and I thank Him so much for "the quiet" I had with Him today and all the things He has shown me today.

I could have gone with my husband and son and brother-in-law to the great Biltmore House in Asheville, but I chose to stay here in "the quiet" because God is needing to teach me things and I wanted to give Him all of myself so He could show me those things and what I need to do about them. Thank you God for changing me and continuing to show me you aren't done with me yet.


I praise you Lord for "The Quiet"

1 comment:

LynnSC said...

What a blessing Beverly!! I am glad that you took the "quiet" that God had for you. Mighty obedience... paid off.

"Thank you God for changing me and continuing to show me you aren't done with me yet."

What a powerful statement. He promises to complete the work that HE started.
Lynn