Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Obsessions, Addictions....

Do you ever sit around and think about things in your life that you are obssesed with or that has become an addiction for you. And I'm not just talking about things like food, cigarettes, drugs, etc etc.

It could also be T.V., playing golf, playing video games, work, etc. etc. etc.

I've started really looking at my daily life over the past two weeks to see if I have things in my life that have become an obsession or addiction for me to the point that it takes away from precious moments with Jesus. I have found there are some things that tend to be either a crutch for me or that have a power over my mind that pulls me from spending time with the Lord in the Word. How am I to get to know Him better and know His Word if I give what belongs to Him to these other things.

Hey I can still have fun in my life, being a Christian is not a hum drum lifestyle, but I need to make sure that I'm not pushing Jesus aside to do those fun things He allows me to do.

What about you guys, have you taken inventory on your life lately to see if you too may be pushing Him aside to just focus on you and what you want to do.

Whaddaya say and let's help each other in these areas of our lives by praying for one another that God would help us to see the things we need to get rid of or change.....I'll pray for you and I hope you will pray for me.

**Yippee***I've already gotten rid of two of those things from my life this week and already see how much more time I have to spend with my Lord/His Word and my family.
....... Thanks Jesus for showing me.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

work & sleep.
I don't really give into them, but I'm always fighting against them. I could just get up, bypass my listening time, and start my day. OR... I could just sleep in that extra hour or 2.

I've heard it put this way, "If we are too busy for God, we are too busy."

Anne Jackson has done some amazing posts on this lately. She is challenging people to leave work at... well... WORK! Leave your computer at work. Don't bring it home. Read a book instead. Spend time with your significant other. Look at the stars.