Monday, December 29, 2008

Stress Busters Day 1....

Someone gave me a book named "Stress Busters" for Christmas. It's a really great book.
Here is some of what I learned from Day One - "Beating Stress One Day at a Time"

Isaiah 50: 4-5:
The Sovereign Lord has given me his words of wisdom, so that I know how to comfort the weary. Morning by morning he wakens me and opens my understanding to his will. The Sovereign Lord has spoken to me, and I have listened. I have not rebelled or turned away.

We need to wake up "EVERY' morning and spend time with God, this will be the only way that our spirits will be lifted, therefore our stress will be relieved.

When we spend time with God He will align our day with His will and we won't go about making all the decisions on our own which only causes our stresses to get bigger.

Are we trying to just "squeeze" God into little corners of our day just when we need Him? If we are we need to re-swizzle and get Him at the TOP of our daily list, as soon as our feet hit the floor.

If we really need to get rid of stress in our life then we need to put Him (Jesus) at top of our morning. He is ready and waiting. Are we?

To relieve "Stress" - wake up with Jesus every morning

1 comment:

LynnSC said...

Oh yes, spending time with Jesus every morning is the way to start the day. I can tell the days that I do this... and the days that I don't. Not that the days that I do spend time with Jesus are perfect in evey way... I am just in a different frame of mind to deal with whatever comes my way.

Can't wait to hear about more stress busters.

Love ya,
Lynn