Thursday, December 18, 2008

Great Update on Michael's Homecoming...19 weeks 3 Days

I hope everyone REALLY enjoys hearing this great update on Michael (from Jim his father-in-law)

Everyone,

The day is here! Michael is coming home.

As of this morning Michael will be released from the rehabilitation center into Nikki's hands.
They will be traveling (yes by car) to MUSC for a check up with the surgeons and Michael will be sent home.
I believe he is very nervous about being in a car and rightly so.

Michael has been able to walk (assisted) a little bit this week and seems to be in good spirits.
The doctors have mentioned they are a little concerned about his gallbladder and it may have to be removed, but the verdict is still out on that one. His belly is still in the healing process and they do not want to go back in for fear of hurting the intestines more.

Michael will have an in-home physical therapist visiting the home 3 times a week to continue working with him.

Nikki has been able to secure a home for themselves. It has a wheel chair ramp and all.
It is located just 4 miles from my house, so that is good.
Becky, Nikki, Ashley and I along with a few friends have painted the entire place this past weekend and we are working every night this week to move all their belongings into the home.
We are very happy that chapter 3 for Michael, Nikki and Wyatt is at hand.
Christmas shall be so much more sweeter now.

Becky and I are so glad that we can see a finality to all of this, but we understand that with Michael being home it will present more challenges and this young family will need continued help.

I am so thankful to you all for all you have done to help us along through this mess.

Please know that we are overjoyed this Holiday season and are so blessed.

To you and your loved ones... Merry Christmas,
Jim

2 comments:

Regina said...

I am so happy for Michael and his family. I will continue to pray for them, as I am sure there are still some challenges ahead.

But most of all I will pray for Michael's relationship with the one who loves him the most, our Father God! Because without that all the rest is meaningless.

Love you, and Merry CHRISTmas.

LynnSC said...

Awesome news!! I will continue to pray for him and his family. What a huge Christmas blessing...

I missed you on Tuesday night... and so did the other ladies. Hope you are doing well.

Lynn