Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Is is right or wrong to get a tattoo - Part III

Seems like I've sparked some fires - ruffled some feathers on this topic. Let me give you some personal feelings of my own.

OK I didn't say anywhere that getting a tattoo is a sin, so let me set that straight. It is a choice just like many other things that face us today (like love, living together, eating too much, having sex before marriage etc. etc.). We have choices placed in front of us everyday, some of those choices are given to us by God and some by Satan and we choose which things we will do or not do.

Nor am I saying that getting or having a tattoo will or will not keep someone from going to heaven or keep me from witnessing to someone that has tattoos. We all need Jesus and regardless of if you have a tattoo will not keep me from telling you about the Lord or asking you to work for Jesus yourself. I've known many a GREAT people who are currently serving the Lord that has lots of tattoos (but they did tell me they got them before they knew Christ as Savior) - just saying...

I do feel however that people should make their choice on their own in prayer to God as to if they should or should not get a tattoo, not be pressured or challenged into it.

I love all people whether they have a tattoo or not and I myself want to see all people come to know Jesus and be able to live with Him in Heaven, it doesn't matter to me if they have tattoos or not, I will try to reach ALL people no matter who they are, what they wear, where they come from and so on. Everyone deserves to know my Lord.

I have a great friend who got a tattoo before she came to know Jesus as her Savior and now that she knows the Lord she regrets getting it.

It is all about choices people, should I or shouldn't I, that is the question.
And the answer to that question should only be given to you by God - seek Him and find out if you should or should not do the something that you are wanting to do.


I'm not saying it is right or wrong, what I am saying is its a choice, your choice, (not someone's elses to make for you or dare/challenge you to do).

God (and only God) through His Word should give you the answer of what to do with your body, your life.


3 comments:

Kelly said...

i have to say i strongly disagree with you. You are saying here that you arent saying there is a right or wrong...but yeh you kinda are. You are wildly contradicting yourself. How can you say that is isnt a sin but then say that you believe it is wrong. You may reply back and say no kelly you are reading it wrong and you understood me wrong but it is right there in black and white. You said it was wrong. So if something is wrong? isnt it sinful??

i would like to hear your response to matts questions also. I hope you arent feeling ambushed or whatever other word i could use for that... I am just stating my beliefs.

Beverly said...

Where did I say it was wrong?

Anonymous said...

no ruffled feathers what so ever. These are my favorite conversations! I absolutely LOVE to have my brain opened to other points of view and I love (maybe a little too much) to open other's brains.

I love you future Moo-in-law!