Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ready for a tear jerker.....listen to this...

Was I floored tonite as a Mom! Yes Sir, Yes Mam.

My 17 year old son (18 next month) came in my bedroom tonite and asked me with tears streaming down his face if I would start reading the Bible with him again every day like I did with my kids when they were younger. He said he needed that and he said that he needed me to help him.

I thought I would pass out! Most kids (especially boys) at these ages say they don't need their parents anymore, they live their lives in waiting to move away from home....and my son told me he needed me. I then started crying too and we shared some wonderful hugging time.

Thank you God for showing him and me that we still need each other. God I pray now that you will prepare both of us as we begin again to share devotion time together. Bring us to unity like we haven't had since he began doing devotions on his own. (not consistently but at least he was trying)

God I praise you for giving us what we need when we need it.
You are a mighty God!

I would take these tears tonite over anything else, what a lesson it taught both of us!
Thank you Lord...I love you....

4 comments:

Kelly said...

this is awesome!

just wanted to let everyone know that I am back in the world of blog. So check out my blog and it's new dew...or however you would spell that

Regina said...

Beverly, that is wonderful. God is on the move!! I'm sure that was a wonderful and humbling moment. I will be praying for you and Kevin.

I read something this week that really blessed me and I also thought of you and all that is going on in your life. Go and check it out here

http://peaceforthejourney.blogspot.com/2008/10/mirrored-truth.html

and let me know what you think.

Love ya sister, see you tonight.

LynnSC said...

Wow Beverly... what a great mama moment!!! I live for moments like that... although I don't get them often. I long to see my children not only desiring a close relationship with the Lord... but walking with Him. I pray that God will bless me with being able to see that one day.

I have been praying for you today. I hate that this morning was such a bummer. But, now that I have read this... the enemy couldn't let you stay on that high long.
I love you sister,
Lynn

Anonymous said...

wow! tell kevy-poo that I'm praying for Him!