Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Esther...who is she? let's find out...

Our Sweet Tuesdays Bible Study group has begun a new Bible study tonite on the book of Esther.

Without going into some fancy descriptions or commentaries about this book of the Bible, because it is so in-depth, here is a brief description of what it will teach us and help us learn:

"Esther, like the NT, teaches us how to live with courage and integrity, carrying out responsibilites to the best of one's ability and trusting God in His providence to protect and provide".

As we watched the introduction video to this study tonite I began to think about this particular statement. (As many years as I've been in church I've never heard a pastor preach a sermon from the book of Esther). hmmmm I wonder why?

I'm excited about delving into the story and life of Esther. I'm sure there will be many times that I will see the struggles she faced and how I will be able to relate the same or similar to the struggles I've faced in my life. Something I read on one of Beth Moore's website as a comment from a reader is that many women don't study this book because they are uncomfortable with the issues it will bring out in their life that they will have to be confronted with so they choose to just avoid it altogether.

But wouldn't that speak the same for the entire Bible, every page of God's Word will cause us to confront our true selves. How will we become better human beings if we don't seek His Word and learn from it.

I haven't even read but a half page of our homework assignment for this week and I'm already so pumped about what God is going to teach me and how He will change me through what I will learn in the next 9 weeks that I just feel like running around my house (outside in the cold).

Be in prayer as our ladies group seeks God through this study, and come on ladies let's get uncomfortable so He CAN teach us.

1 comment:

Crystie said...

I am sooo excited! Can't wait to start digging!
Crystie