Sunday, January 3, 2010

What does the "S" stand for on your chest?

During the sermon at church this morning our pastor was giving an analogy about Superman. You all know him, he's that nerdy Clark Kent who when someone is in trouble he runs into a phone booth, changes out of his business suit and into his blue, red and yellow spandex looking outfit. Across his chest he has the huge letter "S" which stands for his name "Superman".

Well I started thinking about that for a few minutes during the sermon this morning. We all have a name or a word stamped on us too, but some of us don't have the same name or word as others if we don't know Christ Jesus as our Savior.


Here are some of the names we can have:
  • Saved
  • Sanctified
  • Saint
  • Sealed
  • Salt
  • Spirit filled
  • Steward
  • Servant
  • Set Apart
  • Sheep
  • Sower

If your "S" doesn't name you as saved, as one of God's children and you want to be, here's all you have to do to get that name written on your life.

Say this prayer:

Dear Lord Jesus, I want to know you personally. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins and for raising from the dead. I ask you to forgive me for my sins, I open the door of my life and receive you as my Savior and Lord and give me eternal life with you. Take control of my life and make me the kind of person you want me to be. Amen.

OK now that you have your new name do as the Bible says, be obedient, get baptized (this serves as a testimony of your faith), then find a Bible believing church and begin serving the one who gave you this new name, read God's word and begin getting to KNOW who God is, spend time each day with God in prayer, be a witness to others (let them see the new you, or the "S" on your chest).

OK, let me ask you today, what does the "S" on your chest stand for?

No comments: