Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Needing to let go of yesterday....

I started an evening devotion this new year as well as one each morning and God has been speaking to me so clearly since the very first one. My devotion for tonite helped me to "See" that I need to let go of many yesterdays. I guess I thought I had, when indeed when I read through this devotion tonite God began showing me that down deep they still remained lurking in the crevices of my heart and mind ready to show their ugly horns again, pulling me into a place I don't want to go back to again.

It showed me that what happened yesterday, last month, last year or as far back as when I was a child cannot be undone. "It happened" and continuing to relive or think about it periodically is only robbing me of the present joy that God wants me to experience in my life now. Yesterday is an outside force. I need to be focusing on the present and the future of where God wants to change me and where He wants to take me. I need to be focusing on getting to know Him more, Love Him more, share Him more.

So what will I choose? the agonies of my yesterdays or the joys of today and tomorrow?

My joy is changing. Check out this verse God showed me during this devotion.
Psalm 63:7 "I think how much you have helped me; I sing for joy in the shadow of your protecting wings".

God has helped all along the way of my life and there is no need to carry this baggage of yesterday. God spoke and said "Let go"....so what's a girl to do? she is to obey her Lord! and so I will.....

No comments: