Monday, April 21, 2008

Walking....

On Friday this week I will be participating in a 50-Mile Walk in Palm Key SC to raise money for MS (Multiple Schlerosis). I walk in honor of my sister-in-law and a lady in my Sunday School class. This 50-Mile walk will be 100,000 steps we will take.

As I've been thinking about this walk for weeks now I began thinking today about how far my God walked in His 33 years on this earth. I started doing some research on-line to see if I could find some basic information about His journeys. Here is a link I found if you'd like to read it. http://keyboardsforchrist.com/Sandals.html

It says in this link that Jesus walked a grand total of 21,525 Miles which is approx. 7 million steps. This means that my Jesus walked almost the distance around the world! WOW!

I'm walking 50 miles to help raise money to help people with MS, but my Jesus walked 21,525 miles to teach and reach souls that might one day receive Him as Lord and Savior. Whew, can you imagine what His feet must've looked like after that many miles/steps. Most people's feet after this weekend I'm going on will look bad with blisters and such, wonder what His looked like?

The best part of His walk, was when He walked to Golgotha's Hill, to be hung on the cross for you and me.

Thank you God for your feet, for your walking, for your love, for your sacrifice to save my soul!

1 comment:

LynnSC said...

Wow... It is almost impossible for me to grasp all of the things that Jesus has done for me. Thank you for putting his actual steps in perspective for me. I pray that God will use my feet... and my steps... to bring Him glory. Lynn