Sunday, April 13, 2008

WOW! what a weekend.......

We spent the weekend with Kelly and Matt at the beach and met his family.
What a great family they are....and little Wyatt (oh so sweet!)
We all just hit it off great I think.....we had lots in common with his family.....
One of the things we had on our mind was to just spend time together, relax, rest but actually we stayed quite busy.......we did stuff all day, every day.......but it was fun, not work.....

I'm sure that Matt and Kelly will share lots of things on their blogs about our weekend and probably even share some pictures so I decided to share what God showed to me.....

I got up early Saturday morning and went walking out on the beach, and as I was walking and praying I got to noticing the hundreds of footprints that had been made by others before me that morning and I started thinking of the many people who had made them. I wondered how many of the people that made those footprints know of you God, how many know where they are going and I don't mean just up and down the beach, Lord I mean do they know if they are going to be with you one day and God started speaking to me and telling me that it is my job to tell those people about "Him". I know that I can't tell every one of those people that made those footprints because I won't get to meet all of them, but I can tell the ones I do meet. I can be bold and speak up for Him and give others the opportunity to KNOW the best person in the world they will ever meet and that's YOU LORD!

God showed me not to just leave a print that gets washed away by the oceans tide but to use my feet and go out and share Jesus without any fear. How can the people that made those footprints get to know Him, unless I use my footprints to go and tell them?

And then today, our last day at the beach, what a way to end our weekend. My husband went to church with us for the first time in quite a while. We went to "The Rock" in Conway and OH! what a service it was. God showed up, God shared, God spoke and I can't wait to see where God will take us.

Thanks God for bringing us all together for the special times you gave us and I look forward to many to come.......

3 comments:

LynnSC said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!! And God saved the best for last.

Your post reminded me of Romans 10:14, " How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!'"

What a great reminder...
Lynn

Becky said...

We had such a wonderful time with your family too. I hated that it ended so soon.
Matt is very blessed to have met such a wonderful girl with a great family.
Hope to be able to see you again soon...:)

Becky

Anonymous said...

Acts 1:8 goes great with this! We are the witnesses of Christ's greatness! we are the ones to GO! We are the one's to reach out to all the places in the world to share His glory. Everyone isn't going to heaven, but I will fight to push the gates of hell as far back as I can!