Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Prayed for 29 years for something and found out the answer last week.....

I have debated as to whether I wanted to share this on-line to everyone and then I realized there may be someone else out there who may need to be encouraged by this news.

I have been praying for 29 years for my husband to get saved, well guess what everyone? I found out last Tuesday night that he asked the Lord to come into his life when he was 17 years old.

Last Tuesday night we went out to eat dinner at Fatz Cafe (he likes to go there on Tuesdays because now that he is 50 he likes to get the senior citizen discount, ha-ha). So when we left on our way home, all of a sudden I got very bold and so I bluntly asked him if he died tonite would he go to heaven or hell and I told him I needed to know right now.

He told me that he had told me before, and I told him no that you've beat around the bush with my question before but you've never answered me directly.

So he told me "I'm going to heaven" and I said to him "Oh yeah" and kinda of in a smirkish tone. I said to him, how do you know you are going to heaven? he said because I've been saved.

Whew, I said to him What? When did you get saved, tell me about it.
So he proceeded to tell me exactly: he said, when I was 17 years old some friends of mine invited me to Emmanuel Baptist Church in RHSC to watch a film entitled "Burning in Hell" and that night I gave my heart to Christ.

I was astonished. All these years I've been praying for him to get saved, when I could've been praying for him to unite with us in service to God, to become the family God wants us to be. I could've directed my prayers differently. Well I know now, and boy am I going to pray different now. I so desire my husband to serve Jesus with me and that we would become united in our marriage like never before.

I could not wait to get home and tell our two children this news. Our children have been praying for years for their Daddy. Kevin has been asking prayer for him every Sunday for the last three years and he was so excited to go to church this past Sunday and tell his Sunday School class. Yee Ha!

What a little bit of boldness will do for you. Even though I've asked him many times before, I was persistant this time and the more I'm in His Word the more God is teaching me not to hold back.

So yep I prayed for 29 years for something that had already occured, and if I have to pray another 29 years for him to come and serve and worship with us then you know what
I WILL !!!!! I love him and I'm not giving up and him or US !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beverly. We share our name and probably so much else. I will stand with you for the manifestation of you and your husband walking in the spiritual unity that you yearn for. We celebrate our 30th anniversary next week. My husband got saved after we'd been married 17 years. (I came back to Christ just after we married.) Long story...But blessings and prayers.

Anonymous said...

This is such wonderful news to share with us.
I am so glad to hear of his salvation.
You must be on top of the world Beverly!

Two thumbs up,
Jim Brown aka Dad

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord. I have been praying for Marty for years. What an awesome blessing! Sometimes we stand amazed at GODS work. I will now start praying that he goes with you as a family to worship the one who saved him. I Love You All! Many Blessings. MAMA