Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Do you have a need?

How many times a day do you hear the statement, "I have a need".

People or things all over "need" us for something:
--our kids "need" help with homework
--something in our house constantly "needs" to be fixed
--someone "needs" us to vote for them
--someone "needs" us to make a donation to their group

I need to be alone.....I need time.....I need.....I need....but why go on?

Need is common today in our lives. Many of our needs can be filled by the love of our family, the understanding of our friends, services rendered by a (hairdresser, doctor, lawyer)

But there is a GREATER need that we have and that is the need of Jesus Christ.

Think about this: there is One who controls all our needs and controls all things, He heals the sick, He brings joy to the lonely, He gives rest to the weary, He gives new life to the dead, and yet He has need of us! You are probably saying HUH? How does He need me?

Too often we forget that Jesus still "needs" us to carry on spreading His message.

think about it......we are the ones always "needing" Him and yet Jesus "needs" us too.

How will you meet His "need" this week?

No comments: