Thursday, September 4, 2008

Update on Michael....

Here is the latest update on Michael from his father-in-law:

Michael has been stable yet critical for a good 3 or 4 days now.
His vitals have remained constant, which is good.
The doctors take him to the operating room every other day and re-clean out his belly.
Michael remains in the sedation state along with the respirator.
We are very encouraged by the stable nature.
It seems if it is appropriate to say, that he is doing a bit better this week.
The ICU nurses and his Grandma have told us that when they move his legs around he tends to crinkle his face and brow, which signals that he can feel pain.
He has opened his eyes a time or two in the last few days, yet his eyes do not track the person or pain that caused his reaction.
His eyes basically just open to say, 'hey I felt that' or, 'I hear you'.

Our Lord and Savior has kept a constant vigil on Michael now for 24 days.
We are blessed to have such mercy.


It is very encouraging to me that Michael is hanging on, and seeming to make some improvements. We sit and whine and moan and worry about the daily things going on in our lives (our jobs, being tired, our debts, our children, etc etc.) what if we also had to endure what Michael has been for the past few weeks. Could we make it?

Help me God to endure whatever you send my way daily. I know that whatever path you send me down you do it to help me learn how to keep my focus on YOU! So as I try to endure each day I pray that I will keep you in my thoughts, in my conversations and that you will give me strength to keep hanging on....(just like Michael is doing Lord!)

Everyone please keep praying for Michael to improve and when you find yourself feeling tired, discouraged, think about Michael, then pray for him, and watch how God will LIFT you up!

2 comments:

Regina said...

Thanks for the update Beverly. I will keep praying for Michael and his family.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog. I needed to hear that message also. I sometimes need to sit still & let GOD work in my life and wait on him for answers. He is never late, but always on time. Thanks for the update in Michael. I am still praying for him and his family. May God Blessings be on his Family.