Saturday, September 13, 2008

One Drop of Blood.....

I was at the Blood Center today donating platelets. For any of you that don't know what platelets are used for here is an explanation:

Some cancer treatments cause a loss of platelets. These specialized blood cells help control blood clotting. When platelet levels fall too low, patients are given a transfusion of platelets to replenish their supply and prevent life-threatening hemorrhages. Some cancer treatments cause a loss of platelets. These specialized blood cells help control blood clotting. When platelet levels fall too low, patients are given a transfusion of platelets to replenish their supply and prevent life-threatening hemorrhages.

My dad died of lung cancer many years ago and I wish I had known about donating platelets back then so I could have helped him. I donate platelets every 14 days. Platelets are only good up to 5 days, so I pray every time I give that they are able to use them to help someone who is suffering with cancer. Your blood passes through your arm and into a cell separating machine that collects the platelets then returns your blood back to you.

My heart feels so good every time I leave the Blood Center to know that my donation is going to help someone that week.

There is another time when a drop of blood was donated. It was on the cross, and it too was freely given, donated just for each one of us. How often do you think about "blood"?


When you see blood do you ever think of the "blood" that came out of our Lord Jesus? and think about it, he did it willingly just for us so that we could have salvation and live with him forever.

Now that is what I call a "DONATION" better than any donation I give every 14 days.

Check out this picture of what the Lord has done for you

Have you let Him wash your sins away? You can do it today....here's how

"If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes to righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made to salvation" (Romans 10:9-10). We are to BELIEVE in Jesus.
The Bible says in Romans 10:13, "Whoever calls on the Name of the Lord shall be saved." In coming to Him (truly giving ourselves to Him), we are saved.

Also in that context is Romans 10:17, where it says "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God." We study the Bible, the Word of God, to learn about Jesus.
The most famous verse on salvation is John 3:16 -"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Salvation is having faith in Jesus Christ. In a great chapter on faith (Hebrews 11:1 and forward) we learn "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." "Faith" itself is evidence that we now belong to Him. Jesus is the "Author" of our faith (Hebrews 12:3).

Pray this prayer:
Father, I come to you right now, in the Name of Jesus Christ. I need You, Lord. I am so tired. I have sinned, Lord, and my sins are before me. I cannot bear them, and I give myself to You, Who died for my sins and for me. I am Yours, Lord, and You are mine. I surrender my life to You, my Savior. I receive You now into my heart and life. In Jesus Name. Amen.


1 comment:

LynnSC said...

Soooo thankful for that blood. It has washed away my sins,

I almost didn't recognize your comment on my blog because of your new picture... I thought it was someone new. LOL!

I won't be at church this morning... I am working right now and will have to sleep when I get home. I want to be able to get up and go to the decision counselor class this afternoon.

See you Tuesday,
Lynn