Wednesday, September 10, 2008

More updates on Michael...

The following update received from (Jim Brown) Michael's father-in-law:

We have been told that it is time.
It is time to wake Michael or at least bring him up slowly in order to get him off the respirator.
The doctors are concerned that he is not breathing by himself and his lungs may become to weak.
So, it is time to wake him, get him off the respirator and make those lungs work for themselves.

They will cut the sedation meds in half along with the pain meds in half starting this week.
I am sure Michael will be in a great deal of pain and this could cause some issues if not shock to his body.

The hope still remains to get him off the respirator, he needs to be off it.
It is almost a critical point that he does so.

If this fails
we have not been told where this will leave him.

So, more than ever I think we need to call upon our Lord and Savior to stand beside Michael and help this boy to wake, not be too shocked and to give those lungs the strength they need to work on their own.

As always, I know You and everyone else are praying and I am so grateful for this.

2 comments:

Regina said...

I will be praying!

Anonymous said...

I have been and will continue praying for Michael continued progress. I will also still be praying for the family. GOD is still in control!!!!!!!!!!!!!